Who are Sensible Object?
Sensible Object build inclusive social games, augmented by software. Our games are played face-to-face, not face-to-screen, connecting seamlessly with the devices players already own.
We launched our first title Beasts of Balance in November 2016 to widespread critical acclaim, now scaling world-wide with Apple Store. We were one of 9 companies selected for the first Alexa Accelerator where we announced Voice Originals, the world’s first range of voice-augmented tabletop games. We shipped our first voice title, When In Rome, in July 2018.
You will work closely with the CFO in a fast-growing start up which requires passion for driving ambitious and sustainable growth and offers the opportunity to grow with it.
What are the critical outcomes?
- Taking responsibility for the day-to-day operational aspects of managing finance processes globally
- Overseeing the efficient execution of accounting, reporting, planning, and controlling
What will you be doing day to day?
- Manage the monthly payments and invoicing, the reporting cycle and close processes, as well as actively looking to improve all financial systems and processes as we scale
- Produce monthly management accounts and provide insightful information on a timely basis
- Manage an external bookkeeping service, ensuring a high-quality standard of the output
- Work with external advisors in the UK and US to run monthly payroll, ensure VAT/Sales tax, corporation tax, statutory reporting submissions are performed on time, and oversee the overseas subsidiaries' compliance
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software & collaborate internally to automate processes
- Maintain financial policies and procedures for the company, in line best practices
What are your values?
Values aren’t just words on the wall for us. They shape our hiring, our ways of working and the goals we choose to pursue. If these resonate with you, you’re looking for a spot on the right team.
- Wildness with polish – We know that creative processes will always have a little wildness about them. We want to preserve that free spirit, and balance it with a focus on the highest standards in everything we ship.
- Every voice matters – Diversity strengthens the dialogue we have with one another. Being thoughtful about representation and inclusivity in our games is the most effective way to reach the biggest audience.
- Work sustainably – We find ways to accomplish our goals while being mindful of our lives outside of work. We believe the best route to success is by taking care of ourselves and each other.
- Bias for action – Speed matters in business. Many decisions and actions are reversible and do not need extensive study. We value calculated risk taking, and we ship on time.
- Just enough to make it magical – Our games relish the tangible qualities of beautiful things. We use technology and materials with flair and frugality, putting it in the service of great experiences.
- Part qualified and qualified accountants (ACA, ACCA, CIMA). We also welcome applications from qualified by experience candidates with an excellent track record
- Expertise in accounting and finance (2-4 years relevant experience, more if no accounting qualification)
- Knowledge of financial operations, systems, cost management, and performance reporting
- An interest in start up environments
- The ability to work with the highest ethical and professional quality standards
The Ideal Candidate Will Also Have
- A proactive hands-on attitude while also being willing-to-learn
- Detail oriented, with a strong focus on quality
- Knowledge of Xero accounting system and its market place add-ons
- Ground floor opportunity to build a fast-growing start-up
- Work within a team of experienced entrepreneurs who have successfully built companies before
- A dynamic and multicultural work environment with flat hierarchies and space for your own ideas
- Challenging and diverse tasks which will let you grow day-by-day
- Salary DOE
- Generous stock options scheme
- Enrolment in stakeholder pension scheme
- Team-wide development sessions covering soft skills, designing and shipping games and business basics
- A supportive, action-orientated review and personal development process
- Games nights, office snacks and drinks
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!