VP Engineering is an exciting new role at Sensible Object, reporting to the CEO, with responsibility for the technical output of the business. Our mission is to create games that express the best possibilities of physical, digital and human play. We have a strong revenue base, product roadmap and investor support, giving you the resources to build a world-class team.
Our near-future roadmap includes:
- development of Voice Originals, our world-first range of games that interact with smart speakers
- development of our award-winning game Beasts of Balance
- the launch of a live services environment.
- new R&D projects looking at AI and AR and their impact on our mission.
As VP Engineering you would be responsible for leading on implementation of technology that increases the competitive advantage of the business. This role includes responsibility for the management of a team of talented and multi-disciplinary software engineers, ensuring the team are working productively and in flow, with great processes for supporting shared and continuous learning, and output that meets the high level objectives of the business.
Working collaboratively with product managers and game designers, our engineers develop games, platforms and prototypes. We've used Node.js, TypeScript, and Unity to develop our current products, and we deploy on AWS using Terraform and Docker.
You'll also be responsible for implementing the company's values in our engineering culture and process.
Wildness with polish - We know that creative processes will always have a little wildness about them. We want to preserve that free spirit, and balance it with a focus on the highest standards in everything we ship.
Every voice matters - Diversity strengthens the dialogue we have with one another. Being thoughtful about representation and inclusivity in our games is the most effective way to reach the biggest audience.
Work sustainably - We find ways to accomplish our goals while being mindful of our lives outside of work. We believe the best route to success is by taking care of ourselves and each other.
Bias for action - Speed matters in business. Many decisions and actions are reversible and do not need extensive study. We value calculated risk taking, and we ship on time.
Just enough to make it magical - Our games relish the tangible qualities of beautiful things. We use technology and materials with flair and frugality, putting it in the service of great experiences.
- An experienced software engineer, with 2 or more years experience as a team lead or in a comparable leadership role
- The desire to join a fast-paced creative business, with responsibility for technical output
- Experienced manager of people, skilled at developing and nurturing talent
- Problem-solving aptitude, and able to think strategically and with the bigger picture
- Able to to communicate technical principles and reasoning across the business, to those less technical than yourself
- A rigorous approach to documenting and sharing information effectively
- A degree in Computer Science is not critical. Please share with us how you gained your skills, and your levels of competence, in your application.
Sensible Object is a friendly, ambitious and creative team, based in Somerset House, in the heart of central London. We offer:
- A great work environment that works for you
- 22 days annual leave, 25 after 3 years
- Stock Options
- Enrolment in stakeholder pension scheme
- Flexible work hours, and remote work
- Office snacks, drinks, and sometimes terrible music
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team, and developing a culture of growth. We look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!