Chief Financial Officer - CFO
You will work closely with the CEO and senior management team leading the financial function of the business. This is a role in a fast-growing start up and requires passion for driving ambitious and sustainable growth. Alongside expert financial management and operational support you will also use your analytical skills to help the senior management team to make decisions based on sound financial information, and play a key role in risk management. The ideal candidate will be an excellent leader, and will have the aptitude to support a talented team of creatives building leading-edge products and platforms in an emerging market.
- Lead the company’s financial planning and day-to-day management
- Build and maintain the financial business model, in collaboration with senior management
- Responsible for effective management of financial risk
- Control and evaluate the organisation’s fundraising efforts and capital structure
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organisation’s operations
- Maintain excellent relationships with the board, investors and relevant partners
- Work closely with CRO to report progress against KPIs, to board and senior management
- Prepare reliable forecasting reports, with speed and accuracy, in an adaptive environment
- Ensure compliance with the law and company policies
- Manage and support more junior members of the team
- Proven experience as CFO, Finance Director or other significant financial management role
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (i.e Xero)
- Ability to strategise and solve problems
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- A great collaborator, with excellent communication and people skills
- Empathy, maturity, and thrives in a fast-paced creative environment
- Minimum BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Professional experience in a consumer product, retail and/or software businesses
- Experience in using collaborative project management tools, and Xero.
Sensible Object is a friendly, ambitious and creative team, based in Somerset House, in the heart of central London. We offer:
- 22 days annual leave, 25 after 3 years
- Stock Options
- Enrolment in stakeholder pension scheme
- Flexible work hours, and remote work
- Office snacks, drinks, and sometimes terrible music
We are actively recruiting for a diverse team, and developing a culture of growth. We look forward to hearing how you can help us to be better.
Closing date for applications is May 25th, 2018.